Saturday, February 3, 2018

Conference Musings


People are never one thing. Tonight as. I write this from my hotel room at the California League of Schools Technology with a Purpose 2018 conference I am many things. I am exhausted after yesterday’s flight was delayed four times and I got to my hotel room at 2am only to be up at 7am. I am inspired after spending the day learning, listening, doing, and being with fellow educators. I am also reflective.

It’s been a while since I last blogged. I can explain to you that it is because life happens. There is work, salary point classes, holidays, but the reality is I need to do better. Don’t think for a minute that my silence on this blog speaks to inaction. In the last few months my team and I have created an All Girls STEAM Club that has so many members they meet four days a week to accommodate them. We have started a VEX Robotics Club open to anyone who can get to school early. Our robotics elective has taken off and the robots come to life every day. Our Makerspace is being used to create, to engineer, to be creative. We have done more this school year than I dreamed possible.

Below is a video from our last Coffee with the Principal meeting for parents. We brought the girls from the All Girls STEAM Club in to be introduced. These girls are the future and I intend to stand back and get out of their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The JB Way

The world of education is broken down into three parts: elementary, secondary, and higher ed. There are some pretty distinct differences bet...