Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Making of a Makerspace - part 2

We've been busy hauling, tossing, cleaning, pushing carts, distributing resources and boy are we tired (and a little sore if we are being honest!). But our team has really hit its stride with working together to make our Makerspace the best that it can be. In the last post I showed pictures of the room we are turning into the space. It was full and dirty. Now? It's clean and starting to take shape.

Today we started putting together the units that will hold all of our materials and the work benches that will allow students to design and actually turn their ideas into reality.


I found a poster that I liked online but it was printing pixely so I recreated it (not an easy task for me!) and enlarged it on our big printer. Then I started designing the rules poster because as much as I want this space to be a place for students to think and do freely, it is a shared space and let's face it - kids need rules!


I loaded up a cart with all the Little Bits and Knex we ordered and stacked them on the shelves in the new room.

It's starting to take shape. Starting to look like the space we imagined it could be.

We are hoping to turn one of the walls into a green screen so that students can do digital work as well. If anyone would like to donate green paint to us, please let me know. It costs about $25 a gallon and I would like to paint the wall before summer break. (And yes, it is a tax deductible donation!)







No comments:

Post a Comment

The JB Way

The world of education is broken down into three parts: elementary, secondary, and higher ed. There are some pretty distinct differences bet...